Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Multi-Grain Mixed-Berry Muffins

Print  Friendly and PDF
Muffins are an excellent choice for breakfast on the go.Even better if they are made of multi-grains and mixed berries.Here is a recipe for a healthier version that I adapted from here.
Other muffins choices that you might like -  Wheat N Wheat Bran Sweet Potato Muffins, Cocoa, Banana, Apple-Sauce Muffins, Spiced Beet N Cocoa Muffins, Banana Berry N Nut Muffins, Pineapple N Walnut Mini-Bundt Muffins. Sending this entry to Bake-off Event held at Versatile Kitchen.

Ingredients:
  • Rolled oats - 1/2 cup
  • Partly skimmed milk - 1 cup
  • All-purpose flour - 1 cup
  • Wheat bran - 1/2 cup
  • Baking powder - 1 tbsp
  • Salt - a pinch
  • Dark honey - 1/2 cup
  • Canola oil - 3 1/2 tbsp
  • Grated lime zest - 2 tsp
  • Egg - 1, slightly beaten
  • Mixed berries(Raspberries, Blueberries, Strawberries)  - 2/3 cup
Procedure:
  • Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
  • In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the oats and milk. Microwave on high until the oats are creamy and tender, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
  • In a large bowl, combine the flour, bran, baking powder and salt. Whisk to blend. Add the honey, canola oil, lime zest, oats mixture and egg. Beat just until moistened but still slightly lumpy. Gently fold in the mixed berries.
  • Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
  • Bake until the tops are golden brown  and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 16  to 18 minutes.
  • Transfer the muffins to a wire rack and let cool completely.

Makes 12 Standard-sized or 24 Mini Muffins.

Enjoy!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

41 comments:

  1. Those look great...I love the different color berries...I'd love one for breakfast now...as I'm stll in the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love muffins! Yours look delicious! I am bookmarking this page so I can make them next week. My husband likes muffins for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice colorful healthy muffins. I love all the berries. This one makes me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a healthy n tempting muffins...very cute n colorful ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a healthy n tempting muffins...very cute n colorful ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kind of breakfast. Wonderful looking, and I love that rustic taste of whole grain stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Love muffins very much. Very colourful and yummy looking clicks.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice muffins. Thanks for the entry. I loved your wrapper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh My..Colorful muffins lassie. cannot take our eyes off of it

    Love
    Kairali sisters

    ReplyDelete
  10. பார்க்கும் பொழுதே கலர்புல்லாக இருக்கின்றது...சூப்பர்ப்...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thats a catchy and colourful muffins, those berries turned out the muffins more tempting and gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look so beautiful and bursting with delicious flavours and colours ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. You gotta like the whole grains in this beautiful colorful muffin!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are beautiful and sound delicious. I love muffins, and I especially love your healthy version. They will be perfect with my tea in the morning:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oats and berries in one bite! Sounds like the perfect breakfast to me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ahhh...multigrain and colored berries catches my eye...looks so bful and cute lassie

    ReplyDelete
  17. muffin luks very colourfull and delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful healthy muffins with yummy berries inside.. They look gorgeous which makes me drool and wish to have right away...

    ReplyDelete
  19. a treat for both the eyes and mouth! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I too luv muffins...hence keep experimenting. Liked ur recipe, specially de colorful berries.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great looking muffin dear. I can have quite a few of these!

    ReplyDelete
  22. that is such a healthy muffin! looks great as well!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome visual treats.... Berry berry berrlicious!!!!! Loved the well prepared muffins..... :-)

    Ash...
    (http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  24. They look great and I will bookmark this to try them soon. Love the mix of berries!

    ReplyDelete
  25. adoro i frutti di bosco...splendidi questi muffin!!complimenti!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These muffins look so pretty and would make such a delicious breakfast.

    Thanks a lot dear for your lovely comment. Go ahead with the recipe, would be waiting to see that on your blog :-)

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, these muffins look so tempting! I happen to have all these berries in the fridge and I think I am going to fix myself some muffins today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Colorful, healthy and yummy muffins..cute clicks..

    ReplyDelete
  29. Those muffins are looking so good, do send it for colouring Kid's delight event..I am sure kids will love these..

    ReplyDelete
  30. Looks heavenly..love anything with berries..

    ReplyDelete
  31. they looks so cute...send some to me..am drooling here..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your valuable comments and continued support.They are very much appreciated. Yes,like "Rain on Dry Land" and like "Oasis in Desert Sand".
XoXo, Cool Lassi(e)